We are excited to ADOPT A KINGS TABLE FAMILY THIS SUNDAY NIGHT! We believe every life has value and purpose, King's Table is dedicated to serving individuals and families impacted by developmental and intellectual disabilities. Bring some money on Sunday for the items on the family’s wish list & we will go shopping together.
Here’s how it will work:
- 1. Show up to church with a cash donation & give it to either Josh or Lauren.
- 2. Cash will be pooled together and divided amongst the life groups.
- 3. On Sunday, we will meet at FirstCov at 6p for food in the youth room. We’ll travel together in the church bus and potentially other vehicles to shop in groups for gifts on the list.
- 4. Post shopping, we’ll meet back at church to wrap the gifts, take a group picture for the family and hang out. End time is at 8p @ FirstCov.
NEXT SUNDAY (12/18) is our RADIATE CHRISTMAS PARTY!
- 6-8P @ FirstCov // food potluck, Christmas fun, & friends… led by our student leaders!! Bring a food item, snack, or drink to share (cookies, brownies, chips & dip, veggies, homemade main dish, soda etc.) & a white elephant gift ($5ish limit). There will be prizes for the best homemade food. Be there & bring a friend!
GUATEMALA MISSION TRIP (July 6-13, 2023)
- We are looking for 30 people (high school students, young adults, & adults) who have a passion to serve the Lord and the people of Guatemala. You do not need to have previous construction or medical experience, nor do you need to know Spanish. A servant heart and a love for Jesus is all you need! Visit the Guatemala 2023 form for more info and to sign up: https://bit.ly/guatemala2023_signup. Sign up by December 11! Questions? Contact Kim Theeuwes (616-723-1976).
SUNDAY MORNINGS is an open conversation called 4-D (Donuts, Delve, Discuss, & Die) at 9a in room 224 with Patty Hansma & others. Come check it out!
CHRISTMAS & NEW YEARS BREAK on Sunday December, 25 & January 1.
- Are you in a sport, marching band, school musical, and/or something else that we can support?? Tell us your schedules!! Please send them to Lauren Abrell (our youth assistant) @ . Our high school leaders would love to come and support you. Let us know!
CONNECT & MORE
- We do our best in keeping you update with all the information we know! We do this through: E-mails, Texting, Facebook, Instagram, Website, & the youth group calendar. Just visit our link tree (https://linktr.ee/firstcovgr_hs) for all these links and more!
- FirstCovGR Student Ministry is a community of teens being transformed. We want them to know God and become fully committed followers of Jesus Christ to bring glory and honor with their lives. We hope and expect to raise up spiritual leaders to impact the world for Jesus Christ.
- We are a community of students from 9th grade - 12th grade. It’s a place for fun! It’s a place for students to connect in small groups with peers and leaders. It’s a place to explore the story of God and to find a place within it. It’s a place to experience the life-changing power of Jesus through acts of service. It’s a place to express real faith in the real world. It’s an experience not to be missed.
- Are you willing to prepare a meal on Radiate (youth group) nights? Here is the sign up form & more details: https://bit.ly/hsdinners2022
- You must have a current FirstCovGR Student Registration/Waiver for July 2022 - August 2023 submitted to participate at FirstCovGR's student ministry events. Please fill out one form per student. Form: https://bit.ly/3eFU4vZ
SEE YOU SOON,