I hope you all have a great New Years! I am praying for God’s blessing for you and your family for this coming year. THIS SUNDAY there is no youth group due to new years. See below for some save the dates and our January events.
SAVE THE DATES:
- First youth group of 2022 is Sunday, January 9.
- Mission Trip Opportunities: Guatemala (& a potential Kentucky) Mission Trip Interest Meeting on Sunday, January 23 @ 5p in the youth room.
- Winter Retreat at Portage Lake is February 25-27.
P.S. Pray for our high school seniors & college/career students as we go to Passion in Atlanta, GA from January 1-4!
Are you willing to prepare a meal for youth group nights this winter/spring? Here is the sign up form & more details: https://bit.ly/3z6Mz7u
Blessings! Josh Hinken (616.295.0772 | )(Facebook.com/josh.hinken | Instagram.com/hnkn11).
SUNDAY (1/2) NO YOUTH GROUP (NEW YEARS BREAK)
SUNDAY (1/9) RADIATE NIGHT
- 6-8P @ FirstCov // Come hangout, eat food, have fun, encounter Jesus, and connect in your Life Group. Praiseband practice @ 4:45p.
SUNDAY (1/16) ADULT LEADERSHIP & RADIATE WORSHIP
- SUNDAY (1/16) ADULT LEADERSHIP
- 4:30 - 5:45p in Rm. 224 // High School adult leaders, let’s talk leadership & life.
- SUNDAY (1/16) RADIATE WORSHIP
- 6-8P @ FirstCov // Come hangout, eat food, have fun, encounter Jesus, and connect in your Life Group.
SUNDAY (1/23) SUMMER MISSION TRIP MEETING & RADIATE NIGHT
- SUNDAY (1/23) SUMMER MISSION TRIP MEETING
- 5:00 - 5:50p in the youth room // Come & hear about our upcoming summer mission trip opportunities.
- SUNDAY (1/23) RADIATE NIGHT
- 6-8P @ FirstCov // Come hangout, eat food, have fun, encounter Jesus, and connect in your Life Group. Praiseband at 4:00p.
SUNDAY (1/30) STUDENT LEADERSHIP & RADIATE NIGHT
- SUNDAY (1/30) STUDENT LEADERSHIP
- 4:30 - 5:45p @ Applebees on Lake Michigan in Allendale // High School students, let’s talk leadership & life!
- SUNDAY (1/30) RADIATE SLEDDING @ UNION HILL!
- 6-8P @ FirstCov // Bring your sleds/tubes/whatever & warm clothes. Meet at FirstCov, grab some food, and then let’s GO! Hot chocolate to follow.
SAVE THE DATE: Winter Retreat at Portage Lake is February 25-27. RSVP starting on Monday, January 10.
MISSION TRIP & FUNDRAISERS INFO:
- Kentucky & Guatemala (August 1-8) RSVP starting January 23.
WEEKLY DNA GROUPS OR SUNDAY SERVE
- You are invited to SERVE on Sunday mornings or CONNECT with a DNA Group. Contact Josh Hinken at or txt 616-295-0772 if you are interested.
WEDNESDAYS | POWER IN PRAYER (Resumes on January 12)
- 6:45-8P @ FirstCov in Room 103 // Attention Parents of High Schoolers and Young Adults! There is Power in Prayer! "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:20. We will meet in the Toddler Nursery, Room 103 from 6:45 to 8pm Show up when you can and pray with us! Brooke Johnston will be facilitating the group. If you have any questions, email Brooke at
PARENT CUE APP
- We’re here to help you parent smarter, not harder. Because raising kids with faith and character doesn’t have to be difficult. You already know everything you need to win at parenting, you just occasionally need the right cue to keep going. Check out this resource and app by Orange: https://theparentcue.org.
- Is your child in a sport, marching band, school musical, and/or something else that we can support?? Tell us their schedules!! Michelle Ludge, the high school leaders and/or I would love to come and support your child. Let us know!
- We will do our best in keeping you update with all the information we know! We do this through: E-mails, Texting, Facebook (FirstCovGR Youth Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcovgr.youth), Instagram (firstcovgr_sh), Website (https://firstcovgr.org/students), & Calendar (https://bit.ly/students_calendar). You could also just visit our link tree (https://linktr.ee/firstcovgr_hs) for all these links and more!
- What is DNA? We have a few DNA groups already connecting and encounter Jesus together! More groups to come! What is a DNA group? DNA groups are an awesome opportunity for a deeper Bible study and a disciple making opportunity for our middle school and high school students outside of our normal weekly gatherings. We are calling it DNA (Discipleship, Nurturing, Accountability). In short, DNA is a process of inviting 2-3 students on a journey to become committed followers of Jesus. The concept is first recognizing that the Holy Spirit is the teacher. Then through a simple process together we will discover Jesus’ commands and stories, engage daily with God’s Word, listen to each other, and hopefully grow our faith in a new, and meaningful way. Then we will ask… Who is next?! The hope is to equip our students so that they would be able to initiate their own DNA group.
- FirstCovGR Student Ministry is a community of teens being transformed. We want them to know God and become fully committed followers of Jesus Christ to bring glory and honor with their lives. We hope and expect to raise up spiritual leaders to impact the world for Jesus Christ.
- We are a community of students from 9th grade - 12th grade. It’s a place for fun! It’s a place for students to connect in small groups with peers and leaders. It’s a place to explore the story of God and to find a place within it. It’s a place to experience the life-changing power of Jesus through acts of service. It’s a place to express real faith in the real world. It’s an experience not to be missed.
- You must have a current FirstCovGR Student Registration/Waiver for August 2021 - August 2022 submitted to participate at FirstCovGR's student ministry events. Please fill out one form per student. (Form: https://bit.ly/student_waiver)
HAVE A GREAT NEW YEARS!