THIS PAST SUNDAY we had an opportunity to serve our community and clean up at a park in Grand Rapids. THIS SUNDAY NIGHT is a regular youth group night from 6-8p with praise band at 4:30p. NEXT SUNDAY NIGHT is our fall party at Fruit Ridge (5:45-8:30p Meet @ FirstCov) with Student Leadership at 4:15-5:30p in the youth room. Look below for more info and details.
We are beginning a new teaching series for Sunday nights. We are using the new book and teaching material from Fuller Institute called “3 Big Questions That Change Every Teenager” by Powel & Griffin. Check it out! Learn more: Link
We are bringing back high school youth group dinners! We are looking for adult(s) willing to prepare a meal on Radiate (youth group nights). Here is the sign up form & more details: https://bit.ly/hs_dinnersignup
Lastly, adult midweek ministry is hosting a “Power of Prayer – Parents of High Schoolers & Young Adults” prayer group from 6:45 – 7:45p in room 103 on Wednesday nights. Led by Brooke Johnston.
Blessings! Josh Hinken (616.295.0772 | )(Facebook.com/josh.hinken | Instagram.com/hnkn11).
SUNDAY MORNINGS | DNA OR SERVE
- 9:15-10:10a // You are invited to SERVE on Sunday mornings or CONNECT with a DNA Group. Contact Josh Hinken at or txt 616-295-0772 if you are interested.
WEDNESDAYS | POWER IN PRAYER
- 6:45-8P @ FirstCov in Room 103 // Attention Parents of High Schoolers and Young Adults! There is Power in Prayer! "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:20. We will meet in the Toddler Nursery, Room 103 from 6:45 to 8pm Show up when you can and pray with us! Brooke Johnston will be facilitating the group. If you have any questions, email Brooke at .
SUNDAY (10/17) RADIATE NIGHT (Fall/Flannel Edition)
- 6-8P @ FirstCov // Come hangout, eat food, have fun, encounter Jesus, and connect in your Life Group. Praiseband practice at 4:30p.
- 4:15 - 5:30p in the youth room // High School students, let’s talk leadership & life! Txt Josh (616.295.0772) your appetizer Applebee’s order by 12p on Sunday.
- 5:45 - 8:30p in the youth room // Party with us on Sunday night at the FALL PARTY at FRUIT RIDGE! $10! Corn maze in the dark, food, donuts, and a bonfire! Dress warm. Meet at FirstCov (at 5:45p) eat pizza, & we will drive you out to the corn maze (leaving at 6:05p) and be back by 8:30p. (Need help with $$? Contact Josh!)
SUNDAY (10/31) LUNCH @ PANERA BREAD
- 12-1:15p @ Panera Bread (4400 Lake Michigan in Standale // Come hangout, tell some scary stories, and eat together! Bring $$ for food.
SAVE THE DATE: ALL NIGHTER!! (Friday-Saturday, November 5-6 | 9-7a)
- Is your child in a sport, marching band, school musical, and/or something else that we can support?? Tell us their schedules!! Michelle Ludge, the high school leaders and/or I would love to come and support your child. Let us know!
- We will do our best in keeping you update with all the information we know! We do this through: E-mails, Texting, Facebook (FirstCovGR Youth Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcovgr.youth), Instagram (firstcovgr_sh), Website (firstcovgr.org/students), & Calendar (https://bit.ly/students_calendar). You could also just visit our link tree (https://linktr.ee/firstcovgr_hs) for all these links and more!
- What is DNA? We have a few DNA groups already connecting and encounter Jesus together! More groups to come! What is a DNA group? DNA groups are an awesome opportunity for a deeper Bible study and a disciple making opportunity for our middle school and high school students outside of our normal weekly gatherings. We are calling it DNA (Discipleship, Nurturing, Accountability). In short, DNA is a process of inviting 2-3 students on a journey to become committed followers of Jesus. The concept is first recognizing that the Holy Spirit is the teacher. Then through a simple process together we will discover Jesus’ commands and stories, engage daily with God’s Word, listen to each other, and hopefully grow our faith in a new, and meaningful way. Then we will ask… Who is next?! The hope is to equip our students so that they would be able to initiate their own DNA group.
- FirstCovGR Student Ministry is a community of teens being transformed. We want them to know God and become fully committed followers of Jesus Christ to bring glory and honor with their lives. We hope and expect to raise up spiritual leaders to impact the world for Jesus Christ.
- We are a community of students from 9th grade - 12th grade. It’s a place for fun! It’s a place for students to connect in small groups with peers and leaders. It’s a place to explore the story of God and to find a place within it. It’s a place to experience the life-changing power of Jesus through acts of service. It’s a place to express real faith in the real world. It’s an experience not to be missed.
- You must have a current FirstCovGR Student Registration/Waiver for August 2021 - August 2022 submitted to participate at FirstCovGR's student ministry events. Please fill out one form per student. (Form: https://bit.ly/student_waiver)
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!