We are excited for RADIATE is THIS SUNDAY (April 16) from 6-8p! Come for some food, fun, & conversations about our faith. It is a Q & A type night! Start asking your questions about faith, religion, and/or just something random. Drop questions you want to be answered below or visit https://linktr.ee/firstcovgr_hs to ask the questions anonymously. Submit your questions by 12p on Sunday.
SUNDAY MORNINGS are for LIFE IN 4-D (Donuts, Delve, Discuss, & Die) CONVERSATIONS at 9a in room 224 with Patty Hansma & others!
NEXT SUNDAY, APRIL 23 // RADIATE @ THE WELL (GVSU)
- 6-8:30 // Meet & Pick up @ FirstCov // Grab some food in the youth room at 6p & at 6:20 we will load up & head out to The Well led by Campus Ministry at Grand Valley State University! What is “The Well”? The Well is a time to gather together to worship and learn in community in the Cook-DeWitt Center. Sing praise and listen to the teachings (kinda like CHIC/UNITE). We will return to FirstCov close to 8:30p.
SUNDAY, APRIL 30 // STUDENT-LED NIGHT & 8TH GRADE PREVIEW
- 6-8p @ FirstCov // Come hangout, eat food, have fun, & explore your faith. 8th graders are invited to join us! (Student Leadership @ 4:30 in the youth room & praiseband at 5p.)
SUNDAY, MAY 7 // GRADUATION SUNDAY
- EVERYONE IS WELCOME! Let's Celebrate our 2023 Graduates! All graduates will be recognized at the 10:30a service followed by a celebration open house in the church parking lot with food (hamburgs, hotdogs, salad, chips, & water) and yard games. Don’t miss it! (Free will donations are welcome for the food)
& HIGH SCHOOL OSCARS NIGHT
- What? A competition-and-award-show of student homemade films!
- When? Sunday, May 7 // 6-8p @ FirstCov
- Each film must include a thing, a phrase, and a general location! We will draw those THIS SUNDAY!
- Should be less than 6 minutes and cannot harm any animals, break any state or federal laws, & be rated G. Otherwise, let the artists create!
- Does it need to be any particular genre? All are welcome! Comedy? Sure! Drama? Yup! Parody? Sure! Music Video? Sure! Mockumentary (mock documentary)? Go for it! A bunch of Tik Tok videos put together? Yup! Solo Movie? Yeah! “A Day in the Life of You”? That would be interesting! Be creative and have fun with it!
- Will there be a red carpet and should I dress up? Duh and absolutely! The wackier the better…
- Will there be prizes? Yes!
- What will awards be given for? Best Picture, Best Acting Performance, Best Cinematography, Best Original Music, Best Dressed, and more!
- ***The clock is ticking, better start filming and editing!***
- Movies are due to Josh by Sunday, May 7 by 6p! Please see Josh with questions. (Need help editing? Let Josh know ASAP!)
- What if I didn’t make a film? Come anyways, grab popcorn, watch some films, because we need your help voting!
SUNDAY, MAY 14 // No Youth Group (Mother’s Day)
SUNDAY, MAY 21 // End of the Year Party! Details TBA
- Are you in a sport, marching band, school musical, and/or something else that we can support?? Tell us your schedules!! Please send them to Lauren Abrell (our youth assistant) @ . Our high school leaders would love to come and support you. Let us know!
CONNECT & MORE
- We do our best in keeping you update with all the information we know! We do this through: E-mails, Texting, Facebook, Instagram, Website, & the youth group calendar. Just visit our link tree (https://linktr.ee/firstcovgr_hs) for all these links and more!
- FirstCovGR Student Ministry is a community of teens being transformed. We want them to know God and become fully committed followers of Jesus Christ to bring glory and honor with their lives. We hope and expect to raise up spiritual leaders to impact the world for Jesus Christ. We are a community of students from 9th grade - 12th grade. It’s a place for fun! It’s a place for students to connect in small groups with peers and leaders. It’s a place to explore the story of God and to find a place within it. It’s a place to experience the life-changing power of Jesus through acts of service. It’s a place to express real faith in the real world. It’s an experience not to be missed.
- Wednesday, April 26 | 7p | @FirstCovGR | Trauma in children & Adolescents
- This training will look at what traumatizes children and adolescents. We will also look at the impact of trauma on various domains of a child or adolescent’s life. We will explore signs and symptoms of trauma and ways concerned individuals intervene to provide safety and healing. Pine Rest will be leading this training.
- You must have a current FirstCovGR Student Registration/Waiver for July 2022 - August 2023 submitted to participate at FirstCovGR's student ministry events. Please fill out one form per student. Form: https://bit.ly/3eFU4vZ
Pastor of High School & Young Adults
c: 616.295.0772 | www.firstcovgr.org